Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to Repair an Asphalt Driveway

At A Real Advantage Construction, we specialize in New York exterior repairs, including asphalt driveway repair. If you prefer to do it yourself, here are some ways to achieve your goal.

For smaller cracks from 1/8 to 1/2 inch wide, you can use a crack filler that is rubberized asphalt-emulsion. This is either poured or applied with a calk gun. Try to just get it in the crack and not on the surface and smooth it inside the crack with a putty knife.

The process is slightly different for sidewalk repair Queens of wider cracks and holes. For this, you can shovel in packaged cold-patch blacktop. After shoveling it in, level it with an iron rake. Compact it with a rented tamper or a 4x4 end. You want to add material until the hole is slightly overfilled. Then, cover it with scrap plywood and drive over it. When you are finished with either size of project, mist the driveway with water and seal your driveway Brooklyn (see my post on driveway sealant).

9 comments:

  1. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

    Driveway Sealcoating NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep this in my mind.

    Driveway Repair Atlanta & Asphalt Repair Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Articles of the web site usually are beneficial along with appreciative.

    Roof Cleaning Garfield Heights & Siding Contractors Parma

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    Roofing Lawrenceville & siding contractor Lawrenceville

    ReplyDelete
  5. Articles of the web page are beneficial and also appreciative.

    Bathroom Remodeling VA & Remodeling Fairfax VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

    Roofing contractors Brunswick & Roofing contractor Berea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Useful information like this one must be kept and maintained so I will put this one on my bookmark list! Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this!

    Roofer St Peter & Roofing Contractors St Charles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    window repairs wimbledon & Glazier South East London

    ReplyDelete